PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A BOOKING REQUEST WITH US (WHETHER BY EMAIL, TELEPHONE), THESE CONDITIONS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU.
Role of ootycottages.com
- The Ootycottages acts as intermediary for the Property Owner to take and arrange Bookings. The Ootycottages does not own or manage the Property but reserves the right to refuse any Booking.
- Once the Payment has been made and a Holiday Confirmation has been issued by the Ootycottages, a legally binding contract shall exist between the Holidaymaker and the Property Owner pursuant to which the Property Owner will make the Property available for the period set out in the Booking. For the avoidance of doubt, the Ootycottages shall not be a party to such contract.
- The contract shall be subject to these Booking Conditions and any other special conditions made known to the Holidaymaker at the time of the Booking.
- The Ootycottages accepts no liability for any defects or unavailability of the Property or any other problems with the holiday. The Holidaymaker’s right of action (if any) shall be against the Property Owner and not the Ootycottages.
Bookings and Payment
- Upon receipt of the Payment, the Ootycottages will issue a Holiday Confirmation to complete the Booking.
- The prices stated on the Ootycottages website and in the Ootycottages brochure are in Indian Rupees. The Ootycottages incurs charges from credit card companies when the Holidaymaker pays by credit card, and therefore an additional charge will be made for each credit card transaction. Any charges raised against the Ootycottages by its bank for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the Holidaymaker to the Ootycottages within seven (7) days of the Ootycottages request to do so.
- All payments must be made in Indian Rupees.
- The Ootycottages reserves the right to correct any error in advertised and/or confirmed prices.
Immediately upon receipt of the Holiday Confirmation from the Ootycottages, the Holidaymaker should check the details and notify the Ootycottages of any mistakes/errors made by the Ootycottages as soon as possible and in any event within three (3) days; no changes can be made to the Booking after this time. The Ootycottages reserves the right to charge a holiday booking amendment fee to administer/correct any error by the Holidaymaker.
Cancellation of Booking
- The Holidaymaker should notify the Ootycottages immediately by sending e-mail or calling support team if he/she wishes to cancel the Booking. The cancellation only takes effect when the Ootycottages has received confirmation from the Holidaymaker; however the cancellation policies and charges for all accommodations differ.
- The cancellation policies and charges for various properties are different; hence the refund amount may be varied. However, note that most of the properties have a ‘No cancellation and No refund’ policy.
- In the event of the Ootycottages being unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Holidaymaker, or if the Property becomes unavailable for whatever reason, the Ootycottages will endeavour to arrange alternative accommodation for the Holidaymaker of an equivalent type and standard in a similar location.
- If the Holidaymaker has paid any money in respect of a Property and that Property subsequently becomes unavailable, the Ootycottages will refund all money paid by the Holidaymaker.
- The Ootycottages is not liable for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid by the Holidaymaker.
- To the best of the Ootycottages’s knowledge the details relating to any Property described in the Ootycottages’s brochure were correct.
- Upon becoming aware of any material inaccuracies in any published description of the Property or material changes to the Property, the Ootycottages shall endeavour to correct them and inform the Holidaymaker..
- The Ootycottages cannot accept responsibility for any changes, facilities or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned in the brochure.
Responsibilities of The Holidaymaker
During the period of the holiday, the Holidaymaker (personally and on behalf of all other people accommodating the Property) undertakes (for the benefit of the Property Owner and the Ootycottages) as follows:
- Number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation;
- Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Holidaymaker and his party;
- Allow the Property Owner or his representative access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday;
- Keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Holidaymaker’s occupancy and for any consequential loss;
- Report as soon as possible to the Property Owner (or his representative) any breakages or damage caused during the holiday and to reimburse the Property Owner with the cost of replacement. The Property Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the Holidaymaker for repair or loss as a result of damage caused;
- Arrive after 12 p.m. on the arrival day and to vacate the Property by 11a.m. on the day of departure unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Property Owner.
- Property Owner must give permission to allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the Property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the Property
- Property Owner (or his representative) can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the Property or make the Holidaymaker leave the Property before the end of the Holiday if they breach any of the Terms & conditions. In either case the Holidaymaker shall be deemed to have cancelled the Booking and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- The Holidaymaker’s (and all other members of the Holidaymaker’s party’s) personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at the Property entirely at their own risk.
- The Ootycottages shall accept no liability to the Holidaymaker for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to the Holidaymaker or to the Holidaymaker’s personal property (or to persons in the Holidaymaker’s party or their personal property) during their stay at the Property except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by the negligence or wilful default of the property providers.
- No representative, ootycottages or sales person (whether employed by the Ootycottages or third-party) has authority to vary, amend or waive any of these Booking Conditions and no amendment or addition to any of these Booking Conditions
- The Ootycottages cannot accept responsibility and give no warranty in respect of information or representations not contained in these Booking Conditions, the Ootycottages’s brochures and/or the Ootycottages’s website.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection, all personal and other information and details collected by the Ootycottages in the course of its business, belong to the Ootycottages and will not be disclosed to any third party except to the Property Owner (and/or his representatives) in connection with a Booking.
- Ootycottages may use the Holidaymaker’s personal information for marketing the Ootycottages’s services unless the holidaymaker told not to do.
- Holidaymaker or other individual wishes to be removed from the Ootycottages’s marketing lists, they should contact the Ootycottages by phone on +91-7022003391 or by email at email@example.com
- Telephone calls between the Ootycottages and the Holidaymaker may be monitored or recorded by the Ootycottages for training and quality control purposes.
- In the unlikely event the Holidaymaker may have cause for dissatisfaction, the Holidaymaker should contact the Property Owner (or his representative) as soon as possible. The Ootycottages encourages all Property Owners to take complaints from Holidaymakers seriously and to resolve them if at all possible.
- If the Holidaymaker is unhappy with the Property Owner’s response, the Holidaymaker should contact the Ootycottages as soon as possible (and in any event within 7 days of the end of the holiday) and provide details of the complaint and the Property Owner’s response.
- Upon receipt of details of a complaint from a Holidaymaker, the Ootycottages may liaise with the Holidaymaker and the Property Owner and attempt to resolve the outstanding complaint.
No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Ootycottages or the Property Owner, where the Holidaymaker or his personal property (and/or any person in the Holidaymaker’s party and/or their personal property) suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Ootycottages or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by any event which the Ootycottages or the Property Owner could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions closure of international borders, disease, none availability of transport services, interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control of the Ootycottages or the Property Owner.