People are opting to go in for cottage stays over hotels this time around, and the reasons are plenty. Cottages can range from plush, all-amenities-included mammoth offerings for high net worth individuals (HNIs) to rustic and charming little cottages built for your pleasure and comfort.
The Reasons We Love Cottages
- Firstly, a large degree of customization and personalization are possible in the case of cottage stays as opposed to hotel stays. This starts with the food that is served to amenities made available. Sometimes, you’ll even get a discount based on what services you do not wish to take advantage of!
- Here’s the meat of it: cottage stays are ideal if you’re in a large group. You’ll end up utilizing every room at your disposal and paying much lesser than you would for individual rooms at a hotel! Cottages typically consist of 2 to 4 bedrooms.
- Homestays/bungalows often have a few more rooms, averaging at around 5 to 7 bedrooms and are suitable for a group of 20.
- Cottages are usually found at the choicest of locations – overlooking a valley, by a stream or river, a top a hill or mountain. The options are endless! While hotels are mostly commercial and built for convenience, cottages are meant for those looking for something a little out of the ordinary.
- Far more authentic, especially with regard to how they are more rooted in local culture, cottages serve as ideal bases from which to explore the locale you’re in. Often, the hosts are also a rich source of information about the region you find yourself in.
- Cottages are far more child-friendly than hotels, what with their usually ample garden / outdoor space and noise-free surroundings. The comfort of your children becomes your own comfort. Whether you’re travelling with family or on honeymoon, cottages definitely make for a better option as far as privacy and space go.
- A Home Away from Home: Your hosts at a cottage are, almost always, hospitable and polite to a fault and take your every whim and fancy seriously! A home away from home, cottages provide you with the perfect atmosphere for a relaxed holiday while being able to enjoy all the perks of being away from your usual environment.
- Cottages are often located far from the madding crowd. This alone makes for a good reason to opt for them over hotels. The quiet, peaceful and calm locations make for great holidays that allow you to relax with your thoughts and your dreams! While you may need a car at your disposal to fetch supplies from town or make visits to different nearby locations, it’s well worth the trouble.
- What’s more, you get far better rates during the off-season than in seasons, giving you a great reason to catch up on your holidays while the crowds are away!
For all these reasons and more, give cottage stays a try and you’ll never go back again!